Red Eye Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I had surgery with Dr Scott Tunis a year ago

2 posters

Go down

I had surgery with Dr Scott Tunis a year ago Empty I had surgery with Dr Scott Tunis a year ago

Post by johnnymax Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:48 pm

Surgery cost 5,250. 2500 for each eye and 250 for the mitomycin c. MAKE SURE YOU TAKE MONEY FOR PRESCRIPTION DRUG. Prescription drugs are not part of the 5250 payment.

Hotel was in walking distance. There was a grocery store called Harris Teeter that had pharmacy. It was next door to the hotel.

I paid up front, used a debit card. Call them about payment before you go there.

Then he gave me prescription sheet. Some of the drugs were generic. It was much cheaper. I brought them from Harris Teeter. Theres a CVS near by too but its farther than Harris Teeter.

He also gave me paper which tells me which drugs to take. MAKE SURE YOU READ IT BEFORE SURGERY. Do not be lazy. Mitomycin C drugs expire within 2 weeks. Your supposed to take them first 10 days. So do not miss a day.

Surgery took 30 minutes or less. I was awake during surgery. It didnt hurt at all. I took valium pills before surgery, it calms you down and makes you sleepy.

I walked to the hotel, watched tv.

Flew back home.

johnnymax

Back to top Go down

I had surgery with Dr Scott Tunis a year ago Empty Re: I had surgery with Dr Scott Tunis a year ago

Post by johnnymax Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:53 pm

I forgot to mention this, I did not go to Dr Tunis for red eyes. But to prevent my eyes from turning red easily.

I was a like a vampire, any resistance would turn my eyes red. Heres a list of things that turned my eyes red:

Wind, sun, washing my face with water, dust, smoke, heat, cold, rain, nervousness like being around girls.

And the worst of all, PEOPLE. People would turn my eyes red. Being around them would make me nervous. It was a weird feeling. Heres someone with exact same thing. Read below.

johnnymax

Back to top Go down

I had surgery with Dr Scott Tunis a year ago Empty Re: I had surgery with Dr Scott Tunis a year ago

Post by johnnymax Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:53 pm

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080901133203AAJ1AdX

What's wrong with me/my eyes?
I’m a 16 year old male and though I have always been pretty excruciatingly shy and nervous, the past 3 years have proven to be the worst in terms of anxiety/shyness/nervousness. My nickname since I was 10 was blush boy because whenever I got nervous I blushed very, very badly. Just getting called on in class today makes me blush, stutter etc. I’ve always had to sort of dumb myself down at school because of my shyness. Now that you know my basic background I’ll explain and ask my question.

Now that I’m in high school there are more presentations and much more expectation to participate. This has always been my weakness because of shyness. In grade 9 I first noticed that when I had to do something that would make me nervous(read in front of the class etc.) my eyes would begin to water, get red and I find it very hard to describe but I think the best word to describe it is a burning sensation. This, being mixed with my shyness resulted in a very vicious circle and it looked like I was crying. I can’t seem to reverse/stop it when it happens. Last year in grade 10, I found this problem became more frequent. Every single time I got nervous it would happen. For example: walking down a hall by myself and it seeming to me that everyone is looking at me, it starts to happen, and because I’m self conscious that it’s happening it makes it worse. It’s weird because whenever I know I’m going to have to walk by people it just starts happening, where before when I was alone and relaxed, my eyes felt perfect. Now that I’m going into grade 11 in a couple days I have grown increasingly worried about this problem. I recently went to a mall with my dad and I didn’t go out really this summer at all. Walking into the Mall there is a gigantic food court and we must pass right through the middle of at least 100 sitting people. As soon as I said to myself “we have to walk by those people” it began to happen.

I have looked up anxiety issues that could result in the eye troubles I’m having but have had no luck. My doctor was convinced I had allergies. I’ve tried many types of drops, artificial tears and allergy pills. None which have worked. Something that is also beginning to worry me is recently I’ve noticed it happens sometimes even when I’m alone. It almost always happens in cold weather and every time I wake up they feel like this. Now, I tried taking a Claritin before bed and I woke up the next morning and my eyes were perfect, but the Claritin did not help the occurrences that happen during the day caused from shyness.

Re-cap of symptoms when I get nervous:
-Eyes water
-Eyes become red
-Eyes become very sensitive
- And the only words I could come close to describing the overall bad feeling of it is a burning sensation. And results in a vicious circle and I can barely keep my eyes open because of nervousness and the ‘burning sensation’

If anybody can tell me of any sort of link between anxiety and the eye symptoms I have described please let me know. Thank you.

johnnymax

Back to top Go down

Post by darkhorse Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:11 am

Hi Johnny, thanks for the update and the detailed info! Did it cure your eye problems? Were there any side effects?

darkhorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum