Red Eye Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pataday Dried My Eyes Out

2 posters

Go down

Pataday Dried My Eyes Out Empty Pataday Dried My Eyes Out

Post by darkhorse Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:23 pm

Well I was on Pataday for a few months and then I thought I had severe dry eyes, but turned out it was actually the medication that dried my eyes out. Pataday is very strong and it did help whiten my eyes when I first put them in, but then after a few hours my eyes became so dry they were red anyways, and it made working and concentrating very difficult so I wasn't a very productive employee during that time either.

Actually most of the antihystimine eye drops like Zatador dry my eyes out, but Pataday definitely dried them out much more than the others. Gave me a taste of what dry eye syndrome is like and I have to say it's horrible.

darkhorse

Back to top Go down

Pataday Dried My Eyes Out Empty Re: Pataday Dried My Eyes Out

Post by Man100 Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:50 am

Thanks for the information. What were you using Pataday for? Have you ever tried Opatanol?

Man100

Back to top Go down

Post by darkhorse Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:39 am

My eye doctor said the reason my eyes were red were due to allergies. So Pataday was for that plus it's an anti inflammatory drug so it helped lessen the redness. However, my eyes were never chronically red until after I got a case of pink eye a few years ago. Prior to that they were fine, except I couldn't wear contacts because they were extra sensitive. I haven't tried Opatanol; I feel like the more things I've put into my eyes, it just messes them up more and they actually feel better if I don't put anything in them and try to keep them lubricated and clear of dust. The redness I use ice packs to try to deal with when it gets bad, which is every morning and night, and sometimes in between ;P

darkhorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Man100 Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:24 pm

darkhorse wrote:My eye doctor said the reason my eyes were red were due to allergies. So Pataday was for that plus it's an anti inflammatory drug so it helped lessen the redness. However, my eyes were never chronically red until after I got a case of pink eye a few years ago. Prior to that they were fine, except I couldn't wear contacts because they were extra sensitive. I haven't tried Opatanol; I feel like the more things I've put into my eyes, it just messes them up more and they actually feel better if I don't put anything in them and try to keep them lubricated and clear of dust. The redness I use ice packs to try to deal with when it gets bad, which is every morning and night, and sometimes in between ;P
I was prescribed also Opatanol due to redness from allergies. And since it's an antihistamine. Some claim that it contributes to dry eye.

Do you have a single vein or two in the eye that gets irritated, and is uncomfortably noticeable to other people?

Ice packs sounds like you are almost joking. :-) How, do you put it on or near the eye without injuring it? Does it work?

And does computer use irritate your eyes?

Man100

Back to top Go down

Post by darkhorse Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:17 am

Actually my left eye gets redder very easily; it's usually just universally red but more so on the outer sides. Part of my right eye is normal and the outer side also is usually redder. I do think that the antihistamine drops dry out the eyes; some are not as bad as others though. There was one called Bepreve that wasn't as strong in terms of reducing eye redness but also didn't dry my eyes out or sting.

I put an ice pack over my (closed) eyes when they are feeling very itchy. I was doing it every morning to help temporarily reduce the redness but I found that that actually did cause my eyes to get dryer during the day. I think it's because it sort of clogs the pores that the oils are supposed to come out of. When I don't use the ice packs, my eyes are usually pretty moist because I don't really suffer from dry eyes except for when I'm trying to cure my red eyes. The cure seems to also be a curse for me Sad Also, prolonged computer use sometimes irritates my eyes; I think it's the eye strain but I'm also on the computer doing intense work for 8-10 hours a day for work.

darkhorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Man100 Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:12 am

Thanks for the answer. I agree with your conclusion. Attempting to cure dry eye, some of the drops, maybe many of them, and computers, often make it worse. It's often claimed that water dries out the face. Perhaps when the moisture evaporates, it leaves a sensation of dryness, and perhaps removes necessary oils as well! That is only a perhaps, I don't know.

My main problem comes from computer use. I thought of distance from the screen, or plastic over it, or bigger text. Why is the computer causing this? Would theoretically water in front of the screen reduce the light's intensity? Or is it just because we are not blinking our eyes as much as we would normally?

Do you have any vein or veins that never go away? Certainly, I hope not!

darkhorse wrote:Actually my left eye gets redder very easily; it's usually just universally red but more so on the outer sides. Part of my right eye is normal and the outer side also is usually redder. I do think that the antihistamine drops dry out the eyes; some are not as bad as others though. There was one called Bepreve that wasn't as strong in terms of reducing eye redness but also didn't dry my eyes out or sting.
I put an ice pack over my (closed) eyes when they are feeling very itchy. I was doing it every morning to help temporarily reduce the redness but I found that that actually did cause my eyes to get dryer during the day. I think it's because it sort of clogs the pores that the oils are supposed to come out of. When I don't use the ice packs, my eyes are usually pretty moist because I don't really suffer from dry eyes except for when I'm trying to cure my red eyes. The cure seems to also be a curse for me Sad Also, prolonged computer use sometimes irritates my eyes; I think it's the eye strain but I'm also on the computer doing intense work for 8-10 hours a day for work.

Man100

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down